Frequently Asked Questions
We aim to dispatch the majority of our products as fresh in specially designed ‘chiller boxes’ however, due to the seasonal nature of our business and the geographical location of our hunting sites some specialty products such as Rabbit, Hare, Wallaby and Tahr will be sent frozen so that we can offer these products all year round.
We take great care in packing all our frozen products with plenty of ice with the intention they remain frozen however please note, some thawing on the outside of products may occur during the delivery period. Our insulated chiller boxers are designed to keep meat at temperatures below 4ºC during transit which ensures our products are always stored at safe temperatures and therefore safe to refreeze.
Orders are shipped out Tuesday-Thursday on an ‘overnight’ service.
Expected timeline for delivery is the second business day following the order. For example: An order placed on a Tuesday would be prepared and shipped on Wednesday for delivery on Thursday. Please note as our meat is processed and packed fresh to order and due to the perishable nature of our product, orders placed after 8am on Thursday through until midnight on Monday will be dispatched on Tuesday for Wednesday delivery.
If Monday is a public holiday, orders placed over the weekend will be dispatched on Wednesday for Thursday delivery.
All packages will be shipped with authority to leave instructions.
- North Island freight – free for orders over $150.
- North Island freight (non-rural) – flat rate of $20
- North Island rural delivery (where overnight delivery is possible) – flat rate of $26.00.
- South Island freight – free for orders over $150.
- South Island freight (non-rural) – flat rate of $15.
- South Island rural delivery (where overnight delivery is possible) – flat rate of $21.90.
- Marlborough freight – free for orders over $50.
- Marlborough freight – flat rate of $8.50.
- Marlborough rural delivery – $13.50.
The courier will leave your parcel on your doorstep. If you have any special instructions, please provide these in the notes section and we will do our best to accommodate. It is your responsibility to ensure your parcel is refrigerated as soon as possible following delivery.