1. In a large skillet add olive oil then cook bacon over medium- high heat until crisp.
2. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels, leaving the drippings in the skillet (add more olive oil if needed as wild pork bacon has less fat).
3. Add onion and potatoes to the pan stirring to coat in bacon drippings and cook for a couple of minutes. Add water and cover skillet, cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft, only flipping once or twice during cooking. Stir in garlic and cook for a further minute. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Make four wells in the potato mixture, exposing the skillet underneath. Carefully, crack an egg in each spot. Cover skillet and let eggs cook over low heat until egg whites are set, approximately 8-10 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with cheese and cooked bacon and cook for a further 2 minutes. Garnish with green onions and serve.